Tuesday 30 June 2009

Glastonbury mourns the passing of a legend

I spent much of the last week having a great time getting muddy and sunburnt (as well as listening to some great bands) at Glastonbury Festival. Link here if you're unfamiliar.

If you've ever been, you'll know that various unfounded rumours usually do the rounds thanks to the lack of contact with the outside world. This year there was one monumentally earth-shattering rumour that no-one could believe. It seemed that a once beloved but recently tarnished superstar had met an untimely end.

A typical conversation went like this: "Have you heard the news?" says a teary-eyed reveller to a soon-to-be-blubbing friend: "T-Mobile may soon be bought out by Vodafone". I'm not sure we're all ready yet to mourn the passing of web'n'walk or Flext. It will take time.

I also heard a rumour that Michael Jackson died, but I'm not sure I believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment