Swedish mobile operators Telia Sonera, Telenor, Tele2 and 3 have sought to head of this criticism by agreeing to a set of guidlines about how they can promote their mobile broadband speeds. As of 1 September they will promote the 'practical maximum' rather than the 'theoretical maximum'.
The speeds are as follows:
- 3G - (384Mbit/s) can be advertised as 0.3Mbit/s (surely that's the same!)
- Turbo 3G (3.6Mbit/s) can be advertised as 3Mbit/s
- Turbo 3G (7.2Mbit/s) can be advertised as 6Mbit/s
- Turbo 3G (14.4Mbit/s) can be advertised as 10Mbit/s
- Turbo 3G (21 Mbit/s) can be advertised as 16 Mbit/s